We love easy and pretty healthy recipes around my home! This fall, one of our favorite little treats has been these gluten free pumpkin mini muffins recipe! I love that my kids can easily help to make these muffins, too. We get to make fun (and oh so messy) memories together and enjoy a yummy muffin together afterwards!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Mini Muffins
There’s just something about muffins that I love! They are so easy to make in bulk, which saves me so much time for weeks afterwards. I make a big batch and always freeze half to enjoy for a while after. They make a wonderful snack or a great, light dessert! These muffins are gluten free, too!
Actually, I am super excited about baking lately because I finallllyyy brought out a bigger step stool for my toddler. Before, she would sit on my lap to help me cook. However, the problem with this now is that she is a wiggly toddler who is heavy and difficult to see over. Cooking with both kids really was starting to get frustrating.
Now, she is no longer sitting on my lap in the kitchen, but using a nice ikea step stool to reach everything she needs. I had this step stool in my son’s room, but he is six and doesn’t need it. We’ve had it in the kitchen for a few days, but already, my daughter is just loving all of the new found independence. It makes for a lot more fun and a lot more opportunities to do such tasks together.
This recipe is perfect for cooking with children! First, you measure out the dry ingredients! The add the yummy wet ingredients – pumpkin, apple, mmm!
Then, mix ’em up!
Easy, peasy! The end result is a batter that should look like this:
I love how simple this recipe is! You really don’t need to fuss with it, but it is so good! Your house will smell amazing, too!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Mini Muffins Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 36 mini muffins
- 2 cups gluten free baking flour
- ¼ cup milled flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ shredded apple (approximately two apples)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a mini muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix gluten free flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- In a separate large bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin puree, oil, applesauce, and shredded apples.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined.
- Scoop tablespoons of batter into mini muffin pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the mini muffin comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and allow to cool completely before eating.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze leftover muffins.